The Association of Islamic Banking Institutions Malaysia (AIBIM) or Persatuan Institusi-Institusi Perbankan Islam Malaysia was established in 1996 as the Association of Interest Free Banking Institutions Malaysia.
The objective of AIBIM is to promote the establishment of sound Islamic banking systems and practices and also aims at promoting and representing the interests of members and to render where possible such advice or assistance as may be deemed necessary and expedient to members.
AIBIM promotes education and training in Islamic banking so as to upgrade Islamic banking expertise in Malaysia and in pursuing the above objectives, AIBIM works in co-operation with other similar associations in the country and elsewhere in the world.
- Membership of the Association
The Association accepts two kinds of membership:
a) Ordinary membership, and
b) Associate membership
Ordinary membership is open to all Islamic banks, commercial banks, merchant banks and other banking or financial institutions providing or offering Islamic banking business or Islamic financial services.
Associate membership is open to non Islamic banking institutions.
- Member banks
AIBIM has 23 member banks comprising 11 domestic banks, 2 development financial institutions and 10 locally incorporated foreign banks operating in Malaysia :-
- Domestic Banks
- Affin Islamic Bank Berhad
- Alliance Islamic Bank Bhd
- AmIslamic Bank Berhad
- Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad
- Bank Muamalat Malaysia Berhad
- CIMB Islamic Bank Berhad
- Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad
- Maybank Islamic Berhad
- Public Islamic Bank Berhad
- RHB Islamic Bank Berhad
- Development Financial Institutions
- Bank Kerjasama Rakyat Malaysia Berhad
- Bank Simpanan Nasional
- Locally Incorporated Foreign Banks
- Al Rajhi Banking & Investment Corpn. Bhd
- Asian Finance Bank Berhad
- BNP Paribas Malaysia Berhad
- Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (M) Berhad
- Citibank Berhad
- HSBC Amanah Malaysia Berhad
- Kuwait Finance House (Malaysia) Berhad
- OCBC Al-Amin Bank Berhad
- Standard Chartered Saadiq Berhad
- International Financial Institutions
- ALKHAIR International Islamic Bank Berhad
- Elaf Bank B.S.C
- PT Bank Muamalat Indonesia Tbk